WSBI elects new President and President’s Committee
[16 05 2012]
On 9 May, the members of WSBI (World Savings Banks Institute) elected Mr. Heinrich Haasis as the new WSBI President for the period 2012 - 2015. A new President’s Committee and Board of Directors were also elected for a three year mandate.
The new WSBI President’s Committee is composed of following President and Vice-Presidents:
Mr. HAASIS (German Savings Banks Association or DSGV, Germany)
- Mr. Anass ALAMI, Directeur Général Caisse de Dépôt et de Gestion, Morocco
- Mr. Isidro FAINE; President of the Spanish Confederation of Savings Banks and Chairman of La Caixa
- Mr. Camden FINE, Chairman and CEO of the Independent Community Bankers of America, USA
- Mr. Iqbal LATANRO, President Director of Bank BTN, Indonesia
- Mr. Macario Armando ROSALES ROSA, President of Fedecrédito, El Salvador (also WSBI Treasurer)
- Mr. Michel SORBIER President of Fédération Nationale des Caisses d’Epargne, France
At the same occasion, WSBI Managing Director Chris DE NOOSE’s mandate was extended for six years.
Defining strategic guidelines for the future of WSBI, the President’s Committee is an important high-level platform, whose decisions aim to strengthen WSBI as the international voice for savings and retail banking.
WSBI is also pleased to announce that its membership has been enlarged to include 2 new members: Belarusbank from Belarus and Buskh Foundation from Pakistan. In total, WSBI now represents 113 banking institutions from 90 countries.
WSBI - The Global Voice of Savings and Retail Banking
WSBI (World Savings Banks Institute) is an international banking association that represents savings and retail banks and associations thereof in 90 countries of the world (Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Africa and Europe). At the start of 2009, assets of member banks amounted to almost €9,000 billion, non-bank loans to €4,300 billion and non-bank deposits to 4,600 billion. Together, the member banks conducted operations through more than 160,000 outlets. Please visit www.savings-banks.com
for more information.
If you would like more information, contact Dirk Smet on +32 2 211 11 90 (office), +32 473 42 35 89 (mobile) or via firstname.lastname@example.org.